Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sound Editing Experience


This past week Kelley and I have been editing the soundscape for the second part of assignment 3. Our topic is “Thickly keeping out the light.” It is an interesting concept and I think we have done a good job thus far. It has been fun going through each group’s sound libraries and picking out sounds that relate to our concept. There are so many sounds that intrigue me, but unfortunately we cannot use some of them. There were a lot of sounds that really stood out to me. One of these sounds was the sound of a ticking clock. We have inserted this sound into our project and I believe that we have made it work well with our concept. Another sound that stood out to me was the creaking of a chair. So far, after listening to all of the available sound, it has been difficult to stick with the conceptual aspect of the project because there are so many sounds that can be used to create a great sound narrative. I think I will want to go back in my free time and try to create my own sound narrative after the semester concludes.

No comments:

Post a Comment